Maranoa Regional Council capitalises on region’s exciting future with new Corporate Plan
Maranoa Regional Council’s Corporate Plan 2023-2028 was recently adopted during the Ordinary Council Meeting on 28, June 2023.
Mayor Tyson Golder was pleased to see the Corporate Plan adopted and believes it provides a strong direction for Council over the next five years.
“The Corporate Plan 2023-2028 has been developed to provide a clear direction for Council operations over the next five years. We have listened to residents and businesses; your feedback is reflected in the final document. The Plan will ensure we continue to capitalise on the unique opportunities we enjoy here in the Maranoa region,” said Cr Golder.
Future-proofing our region, building an inclusive, proud and connected community and a prosperous economy are at the heart of Maranoa Regional Council’s new Corporate Plan.
This plan was finalised following several weeks of intensive, region-wide consultation with residents, businesses, and other key stakeholders. Council listened to the communities in the Maranoa region with 65% of the projects in the new Corporate Plan reflecting the community’s key priorities – of infrastructure, road maintenance and housing.
This plan sets a strong direction for the organisation over the coming five years, with the solidification of a clear vision, purpose and corporate goals being key components of the plan. Feedback from the community also identified five strategic pillars that Council will assess its performance against: Prosperity, Environment, Connectivity, Accountability and Inclusivity.
- Pillar 1: Prosperity – a sustainable, growing and prosperous economy. Goal: To lead as a prosperous, innovative economy in regional QLD.
- Pillar 2: Environment – Attractive, healthy, balanced, natural and built environment. Goal: To preserve our natural assets whilst enabling a growing and sustainable built environment for our community.
- Pillar 3: Connectivity – Quality accessible services and infrastructure. Goal: Strategic, sustainable and connected communities through reliable, quality infrastructure, assets and services.
- Pillar 4: Accountability – Transparent and accountable leadership and governance. Goal: Enhanced transparency around the decision making and conduct of Council through effective leadership and good governance.
- Pillar 5: Inclusivity – Connected, resilient, safe and diverse communities. Goal: Our community is liveable, progressive, safe, connected and resilient.
To view the Corporate Plan 2023-2028, please head here.
For any enquiries, please contact Council on 1300 007 662.