Council provide and operate airports that contribute to the economic and community development of the region (including access to our region’s towns for medical emergency flights) while working to ensure compliance with legislative obligations.
Situated just seven kilometres from Roma’s town centre, the Roma Airport accommodates daily passenger services to and from Roma to Brisbane. A passenger services to and from Roma to Charleville operates on select days.
Roma Airport can be accessed from the Carnarvon Highway (the first entrance on the left if travelling from Roma).
The Roma Airport is one of the busiest airports in regional Queensland currently facilitating on average 100 arrivals and departures each week.
Roma Airport aims to make the start or end of your journey as comfortable as possible. With free WIFI available throughout the terminal and a café available, we encourage you to relax in our departure lounge well before boarding your flight.
Free WIFI is available throughout the terminal. Completing the passenger survey once signed in will assist us to grow and improve our services.
Batteries running low? Charge your smart devices instantly with charging cables, provided against the wall at the café, or plug in your laptop and get some work completed at our workstations in the departure lounge.
There are no ATM’s at Roma Airport.
Toilets can be found in the terminal building at the far side of the departure lounge, and in the arrivals/baggage collection area.
For those travelling using general aviation, toilets can be found at the back of the Roma Airport administration building, next to gate 3.
Luggage is not to be left unattended due to security regulations. Please note there are no locker facilities at the airport.
Watch this space!
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Star Café is open at least 1 hour prior to every scheduled departure, locally owned and operated, the café offers a selection of coffee, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, freshly prepared hot food, sandwiches, wraps and snacks.
The resident and SME business fare scheme is now available for residents and businesses within the Maranoa Region.
To access discounted fares, residents must:
1. Register in-person at a Council Customer Service Centre or at Maranoa Travel. Identification must be provided to prove residence in eligible postcodes (4455, 4465, 4454, 4426, 4427, 4462, 4461, 4466, 4467, 4428 and 4417). Accepted forms of ID include a Drivers Licence, MRC Council Rate Notice or other document with address listed. A unique code will be given to residents once registered.
2. Book flights via Maranoa Travel* (2/56 Wyndham Street, Roma) or (07) 4622 1409.
If you are a small-to-medium business (less than 50 employees) located in the above postcodes, please fill out the SME registration form below and submit to Rex Airlines. Submissions will be processed between Monday to Friday by Rex Airlines. Please allow a 24 hour response period.
Resident fares - $169 one way, $338 return.
SME business fares - $250 one way, $500 return.
Please see below for full terms and conditions.
*Agency fees may apply.
Please download and open the below form in Adobe Acrobat Reader
Parking at Roma Airport is free for the general public in the allocated free parking area.
Users of corporate vehicles are required to purchase and display an annual permit to park at Roma Airport. Please contact Maranoa Regional Council on 1300 007 662 or email@example.com for further information.
Enforcement action may be undertaken for non-compliance Maranoa Regional Council Local Law No. 5 (Parking) 2011.
There are a range of vehicles available for hire at Roma Airport. For enquiries, please contact the below businesses:
Roma Airport must be notified in writing of any Controlled Activity (i.e. an activity resulting in an intrusion of the airspace).
Maranoa Regional Council is responsible for all Aviation Safety, Security and Emergency matters on airport. This includes though is not limited to:
- The allocation of itinerant and General Aviation aircraft parking and aircraft escorts.
- The processing of security identification including Visitor Identification Card (VIC) applications.
- The coordination of the operational response to airside incidents, accidents or emergencies.
- Airside Traffic Management.
- Supervision of contractor’s airside to ensure works are conducted safety and securely with no impact to aviation operations.
- Provision of vehicle escorts airside for companies and contractors requiring access.
- The day to day management of wildlife on airport with the aim to reduce the risk of a bird strike.
- Handling of Airspace Development and Crane Applications.
Applications and enquiries can be submitted via. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, the duty aerodrome reporting officer can be contacted via. the contact number listed in Enroute Supplement Australia (ERSA).
Address: Hangar Drive, Roma QLD 4455
Postal Address: PO box 620, Roma QLD 4455
Duty Aerodrome Reporting Officer: 0407 730 531
(07) 4622 1409
Roma Aeroclub: Home | romaaeroclub
Omni Helicopters: Helicopters - Omni (omniexe.com)
Stirling Helicopters: Stirling Helicopters | Rockhampton & Central Queensland
Surat, Mitchell and Injune Aerodrome Landing Areas
There are three aerodromes in the Maranoa region operated by Council. The aerodromes accommodate aeromedical, small charter and private movements.
Please note: All of the below aerodromes are PRIOR PERMISSION REQUIRED. Please contact Maranoa Regional Council on 1300 007 662 or email@example.com
Whilst all care is taken by Maranoa Regional Council to provide safe and suitable aerodromes, Injune, Surat and Mitchell are not certified aerodromes, and it is the responsibility of the pilot in command to ensure the aerodrome is safe to take-off and land at. Accordingly, in the absence of any breach of an applicable law on our part, Maranoa Regional Council do not accept any liability for injury or damage that may be sustained in the use of our non-certified aerodromes.
The Injune airstrip is located approximately 1.6km south west from the town centre. A toilet is available on the aerodrome. Runway 14/32 is sealed bitumen and is 124.m long.
The Surat airstrip is located 1.3 km south east of the town. A toilet is available on the aerodrome. Runway 08/26 is sealed bitumen and is 1075m long.
The Mitchell airstrip is located to the west of the town. A toilet is available on the aerodrome. Runway 11/29 is sealed bitumen and is 1430m long.
Commercial Flights and Private Usage
Commercial flights to and from Roma can be booked through the Maranoa Travel Centre. The region’s only full service travel agency is based in Roma’s town centre and can make arrangements for both business and leisure travellers.
Maranoa Travel Centre is located at 56 Wyndham Street, Roma and can be contacted via phone on 07 4622 1416.
For all commercial arrival/departure flight times, please visit Rex Airlines.
The fees to land your aircraft are determined by the specifications of your aircraft.
Please refer to Maranoa Regional Council’s Register of Regulatory Fees and Charges or call Council’s Customer Service Office on 1300 007 662.
- Annual landing fees are determined by the specifications of your aircraft
- Maranoa Regional Council can assist you in applying for an Aviation Security Identification Card, please refer these requests to the Support Officer – Airports and Administration by calling 1300 007 662
- Information on all airports in the Maranoa, including restrictions for landing, is available through the En-Route Supplement Australia
- Information on applications for a Pavement Concession to land your aircraft or Aircraft Landing and Parking requests can be referred to Airport staff by calling 1300 007 662.
Aviation fuel is available from AirBP
Telephone: 07 4622 1175
Mobile Phone: 0417 958 399