Lodging an Application
Before lodging an application Council encourages all applicants to contact Council to arrange a pre-lodgement meeting. This meeting will provide an opportunity for applicants to discuss and consider any constraints or concerns about their application before fully committing to a proposal. Council will also provide advice to applicants about the application process and requirements.
To arrange a pre-lodgement meeting or if you require assistance in lodging your application please contact Council's Building or Planning Team on 1300 007 662.
When submitting a plumbing application the application must consist of the following:
- Form 1 - Application for Compliance Assessment
- Form 2B Application for Water and Sewerage Connections
- Form 7 - Notification of responsible person
- Application fee (Fees and Charges Schedule)
An Application for Sewerage and Asset Plans can be used for sewerage and asset plans.
Maranoa Regional Council offers several ways to lodge development application being in person, via mail or email.
You can lodge your development application in person at any of Maranoa Regional Council offices.
You can also send your application via mail to:
Maranoa Regional Council
PO Box 620
Roma Qld 4455
Development Application Tracker
Click here to track your development application progress.
Planning and Building Searches
Planning and Development Certificates
An Application Planning and Building Search form can be used for town planning certificates and building records.
- Limited – 5 business days
- Standard – 10 business days
- Full – 30 business days
A Planning and Development Certificate may be obtained by completing and submitting the search form to Council and making payment of the applicable fee.
There are three types of building searches. Fees apply for each type of search.
Building searches do not include copies of any building plans or documents, other than the certificate when specified in the details of the search below.
Information on types of building searches.
- Building records search
- Advises whether Council has a record of approved building applications, final certificates and certificate of application.
- Request for Building Compliance Inspection (Including building record search)
- Inspection confirms Council building approval records exist for buildings constructed onsite.
- Certificate of Classification
- Advises whether Council has a record of a certificate(s) of occupancy (formerly referred to as a certificate of classification) for a commercial or multiple dwelling premises. A copy of the certificate is included (if applicable).