Maranoa Regional Council's Ordinary Council Meetings are usually held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month commencing at 9:00am. Council at least once a year publishes in a local newspaper, 'The Western Star', a notice of the dates, times and locations when its ordinary meetings will be held. All meetings of Council are open to the public; however, Council may consider it necessary to close the meeting to the public to discuss any of the following matters:
- The appointment, dismissal or discipline of employees
- Industrial matters affecting employees
- Council's budget
- Contracts proposed to be made by Council
- Starting or defendig legal proceedings
- Any action to be taken by the local government under the Integrated Planning Act 1997 including deciding applications made to it under that Act
- Other business for which a public discussion would be likely to prejudice the interests of Council or someone else, or enable a person to gain a financial advantage.
Council Minutes of Meetings
Maranoa Regional Council's unconfirmed Minutes of Meetings are available for public inspection no later than ten (10) days after each Council meeting. Confirmed Minutes of Meetings are accessible on Council's website and for distribution via Council Offices or phone requests.
Maranoa Regional Council will adhere to the current local laws until it adopts new local laws for the region. The Local Government and Planning maintains a database of local laws enacted by various Councils across Queensland. To access Council's Local Laws and Subordinate Local Laws please go to Quick Search page and select Maranoa Regional Council.