The purpose of the Joint Maranoa Regional Community Consultative Committee (JMRCCC) is to:
- Foster open and transparent dialogue between participating CSG companies and the communities in which they operate;
- Provide a forum wherein community representatives can raise concerns relating to CSG industry performance;
- Involve community representatives in deliberations and implementation relating to social impact management;
- Monitor and review the implementation of participating CSG companies' Social Impact Management Plans (SIMP),and;
- Provide guidance to participating CSG companies regarding the allocation of Community Investments as it relates to community need.
The Committee comprises of representatives from Maranoa Regional Council, Queensland Government, Chamber of Commerce, service groups, peak industry body for local industry, welfare provider, general community and CSG companies.