STATUTORY NOTICE OF SELECTIVE INSPECTION PROGRAMS
Maranoa Regional Council
STATUTORY NOTICE OF SELECTIVE INSPECTION PROGRAM
05 September 2016 - 28 October 2016
Under section 113 of the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008, Council has approved by resolution (Resolution No. GM/08.2016/07) a selective inspection program to allow authorised persons to enter and inspect selected properties in part of its local government area.
In accordance with s113 (5)(c) of the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008 inspections may occur in premises situated within the townships of Amby, Injune, Jackson, Mitchell, Muckadilla, Mungallala, Roma, Surat, Wallumbilla and Yuleba being the areas defined as designated town areas in Schedule 13 of Subordinate Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2011 where an Authorised Person has reasonable belief that unregistered and/or regulated dogs may be present on an urban allotment.
The program will start Monday 05 September 2016 and continue until 28 October 2016.
The inspection program will assess:
• Compliance with Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008 for registration and regulated dog provisions (i.e. checking whether dogs on the premises have been registered with Council).
The Selective Inspection Program will focus on premises in designated town areas where:
• A Council Authorised Person has a reasonable belief that unregistered and/or regulated dogs may be present on an urban allotment.
The inspections will be carried out by authorised persons who will have identity cards issued by the Council.
You can view the resolution authorising the programs in the General Meeting minutes from Friday 10 August 2016 at www.maranoa.qld.gov.au or alternatively a copy of the program is open for inspection at any of Council’s Customer Service Centres. You can purchase a copy and have it posted to your address for $6.00. The resolution will be available for viewing or purchase until the end of the programs.
For more information, call Council's Community Safety Team on 1300 007 662.
Chief Executive Officer
If unsure if your premise is in the areas being assessed for compliance, see the maps below:
For more information on Council's Local Laws, follow the links below:
- Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011
- Subordinate Local Law No. 1.5 (Keeping of Animals) 2011
- Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2011
- Subordinate Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2011
|Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008|