HAVE YOUR SAY
Council is pleased to release its proposed Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) for public consultation from 17 April to 31 May 2018. The proposed LGIP will eventually replace Council’s existing Priority Infrastructure Plan (PIP) within the Maranoa Planning Scheme 2017. The proposed LGIP identifies Council's plans for trunk infrastructure that are necessary to service urban development at our desired standard of service, in a coordinated, efficient and financially sustainable manner. The proposed LGIP is required under the Planning Act 2016 to enable Council to levy infrastructure charges or impose infrastructure conditions on developments.
The proposed LGIP and supporting material is available for viewing and download via the links provided below. The proposed LGIP is also available for inspection at Council’s customer service centres in Roma, Injune, Mitchell and Surat. To purchase a copy of the proposed LGIP, please contact Council’s Planning Department via the contact details provided below.
Any person may make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed LGIP. In order for a written submission to be properly made, it must:
- be made in writing (including by electronic means) to Maranoa Regional Council;
- include the name and address of each person making the submission;
- be signed by each person making the submission (unless made electronically);
- state the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds; and
- be received by Council on or before Thursday, 31 May 2018.
Submissions can be lodged by:
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post - PO Box 620, Roma Qld 4455
- In person - at one of Council’s customer service centres.
Phone: 1300 007 662
Independent Review and Minister's Letter
Local Government Infrastructure Plan
Local Government Infrastructure Plan Maps
Schedule of Works
- LGIP Planning Assumptions
- LGIP Sewer Assumptions
- LGIP Water Assumptions
- LGIP Stormwater Assumptions
- LGIP Transport Assumptions
- LGIP Parks Assumptions
What is the purpose of the LGIP?
The purpose of the LGIP is to:
- guide Council’s future capital works program and assist with long term financial planning
- provide transparency about Council’s plans for provision of trunk infrastructure to support growth and development in the region
- ensure that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided for in an efficient and coordinated manner and aligns with growth and development in the region
- assist in the development application process by providing the information required to impose conditions on trunk infrastructure where necessary.
What is contained in the LGIP?
The key components of the LGIP are:
- planning assumptions about growth, type, scale, location and timing of development
- priority infrastructure area (PIA)
- desired standards of service (DSS)
- plans for trunk infrastructure (PFTI) supported by the schedule of works (SoW) (State supplied model)
The proposed LGIP includes trunk infrastructure for the following networks that provide essential services for development:
- Water supply
- Public parks and land for community facilities.
Independent and Ministerial reviews of the proposed LGIP
Council’s draft LGIP has undergone an initial compliance check by an Independent Reviewer and the State Government. Council received approval from the Minister to proceed to public consultation on 5 April 2018.
Public Consultation and next steps
The draft LGIP is currently open for public consultation for anyone wishing to make a formal submission. Council will review all properly made submissions at the end of the consultation period.
After the consultation period, the draft LGIP will undergo a second independent review before Council will seek final approval from the Minister to adopt it. The LGIP will then replace the PIP to regulate development once it has been adopted into the Maranoa Planning Scheme 2017.