Maranoa Annual Kerbside Collection commences in March
The Keep Maranoa Beautiful campaign aims to help dispose of large household items, green waste and metal waste. It gives residents a chance to live cleaner and greener at home and in our community.
This free kerbside collection service will begin on Monday, 15 March 2021 and end on Monday, 29 March 2021.
Residents are asked to please hold off placing items on the kerb until Friday, 12 March 2021. Please place your items out on the footpath by 7pm the day before collection starts in your area.
Kerbside Collection dates are as follows:
- Mitchell - Monday, 15 March 2021
- Injune - Monday, 15 March 2021
- Yuleba - Monday, 15 March 2021
- Surat - Wednesday, 17 March 2021
- Wallumbilla - Wednesday, 17 March 2021
- Amby and Mungallala - Wednesday, 17 March 2021
- Roma - Monday, 15 March to Thursday, 25 March 2021
- Hodgson and Muckadilla - Friday, 26 March 2021
- Jackson – Monday, 29 March 2021
What you need to know:
- Your unwanted items must be separated into 3 piles: bulky household items, green waste and metal waste. Mixed piles will not be collected.
- Items cannot be collected from under trees, near power poles, stormwater drains or from within private yards.
- Items must be able to be easily and safely lifted by two people.
- Place glass items to one side for safe collection.
- Piles should be no larger than 1m high x 1m wide x 3m long (3m3). Council will not collect piles greater than 3m3 in total.
- This service is available to residential properties in town areas. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer this service to rural residents.
- Furniture and white goods
- Household appliances (e.g. stoves)
- Green waste (no more than 1.5m in length)
- Scrap metal
- Dirt and stones
- Bricks and concrete
- Commercial builders' waste
- General household waste (e.g. food scraps and other waste that normally goes into your wheelie bin)
- Cars and car parts
- Tyres of any type
- Hazardous waste (e.g. chemicals, oil, paint, asbestos)
- Gas bottles
- Tree stumps and large logs
Area maps and collection details are available at www.maranoa.qld.gov.au/ehwrs/kerbside-waste-collection.
For more information, please contact Council's Waste Team on 1300 007 662.