Further Council Facilities to close as of today 25 March 2020 due to COVID-19
From close of business today, a number of community facilities across the region will temporarily close.
The decision follows the latest round of restrictions announced last night by the Australian Government to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. During this unprecedented event, Council is required to abide by the directives and advice given to us by the Australian and Queensland Governments.
The following Council facilities will be closed until further notice:
- Roma Swimming Pool
- Injune Swimming Pool
- Surat Swimming Pool
- Mitchell Swimming Pool
- Wallumbilla Swimming Pool
- The Great Artesian Spa in Mitchell (including Mitchell Gym which was closed earlier this week)
- The Big Rig and Visitor Information Centre. The café at the Big Rig remains open for take-away.
- Information Centres in Mitchell, Injune and Surat
- All Libraries and Art Galleries
- All Halls
- Cobb and Co Store Museum
- Bassett Park Facilities (excluding stables and racetrack)
- Roma Cultural Centre Auditorium
- Mitchell, Surat and Wallumbilla Showground Facilities (excluding public toilets)
- Surat Warroo Sporting Complex (excluding public toilets)
- Roma PCYC
- Community Hub Training Room.
Council recognises that a number of organisations use these facilities. We would encourage residents to directly contact these organisations.
In addition, as part of social distancing requirements, Council will not be issuing any non-essential street stall permits until further notice.
Examples of non-essential street stalls include:
- Selling of raffle tickets
- Stalls selling items.
The above services will be impacted in addition to those services Council has announced previously. For the full list of Council measures, facility closures and service impacts, please visit http://www.maranoa.qld.gov.au/services/covid-19-health-alert
Please contact Council on 1300 007 662 if you require any information regarding these services whilst the above facilities are closed to the public.