Building our Regions Round Five Funding
Council will submit applications for Stage 1b and c of The Big Rig Oil, Gas and Energy Project and Stables at Bassett Park.
Festival of Small Halls Events 2019
Maranoa region will be host to two Small Hall Events in 2019, the first in Roma on Saturday, 2 November (for the Rotary Club of Roma) and the second at the Jackson Hall (for the Queensland Country Women's Association) on Sunday, 3 November.
The following sponsorship requests were approved:
- Young Beef Producers Forum - $750 for the forum on 14-15 November 2019.
- Roma Eisteddfod – $5,000 for the event on 17-19 October 2019.
The following fees were waived:
- Care Outreach – for the use of the Mitchell Showgrounds shed for their Christmas for the Bush.
- Edrine Keegan School of Ballet – for the hire and set up of the Roma Cultural Centre Auditorium for their annual charity concert.
Requests for Assistance
The following requests were approved:
- Roma Tennis Club – sponsorship towards Roger Rasheed High Performance Clinic.
- Roma Campdraft – crusher dust for the upcoming campdraft.
Renewal of Memberships
The following memberships were renewed for 2019/20:
- Toowoomba and Surat Basin Enterprise – platinum level sponsorship.
- South West Region Economic Development Association. Cr Jan Chambers will replace Mrs Robyn Bryant as its community representative.
- Outback Tourism Association, The Great Inland Way, Visit Queensland and Queensland Information Centres Association.
South West Regional Waste Group
Council decided to participate as a member of the South West Regional Waste Group and appointed Cr Geoff McMullen as their representative on the committee.
Application for Preliminary Approval for a High Impact Industry (Abattoir)
The application for a preliminary approval for a High Impact Industry (Abattoir) was approved subject to a list of conditions. A full development application is still required. The application will need to consider how it will address the issues raised such as noise, dust and odour. There are a number of steps still to occur before the matter is again considered by Council. There will be an opportunity for residents to provide submissions through the full application process.