The Injune Sewage Treatment Plant Upgrade has now been completed, resulting in a secure facility which is adequately sized for Injune’s population, and has improved OH&S benefits. The project involved several capital upgrades at the facility, including:
- Inlet screen and grit trap
- Communitor pit conversion to manhole
- Refurbishment of the effluent reuse system
- New sludge drying beds with drainage
- Construction of evaporation ponds
- Desilting & remediation of existing facultative lagoons.
- Security Fencing Upgrade
The $611,000 project was delivered under budget, and was jointly funded by Maranoa Regional Council and the State Government through the Royalties for Regions program.
1. Sludge drying beds
2. Facultative lagoons