Rob Hayward - Deputy CEO / Director - Development, Facilities & Environmental Services
Rob Hayward began his career in local government in 1995, with Booringa Shire Council as Environmental Health Officer. He was subsequently appointed as Manager Environmental Health soon after commencement and was responsible for Stock Routes, Environment, Water & Sewerage and Waste.
Since then Rob has held senior management positions with various councils primarily in the fields of Development, Environment and Corporate Governance. Rob’s experience has included three years in the position of Chief Executive Officer at Tambo Shire Council and he has also relieved in the role at Maranoa Regional Council.
CONTRIBUTION TO COUNCIL AND THE EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT TEAM
As well as technical skills and qualifications, Rob has significant local and regional knowledge gained over many years both before and after the amalgamation process. This is of particular importance during times of natural disaster, and Rob has a secondary role as the Deputy Local Disaster Coordinator for Council and the community.
As a Director for Maranoa Regional Council, Rob’s responsibilities include:
- Managing the Directorate (a group of Departments)
– in Rob’s case the Directorate of Development, Facilities and Environmental Services;
- For his Directorate and as part of the Executive Management Team:
– Ensuring activity is focused on the implementation of Council approved priorities, policies and decisions;
– Promoting a culture of continuous improvement;
– Developing and monitoring people, systems and processes to support excellence in service delivery (Internal & External), and ensure legislative compliance – including adherence to the Code of Conduct;
– Ensuring effective, efficient and economical management of public resources.
The Directorate of Development, Facilities and Environmental Services provides a range of professional services to the organisation and community. These include;
- Economic development
- Arts and culture
- Be Healthy & Safe Maranoa
- Grants (council and community)
- Local development and events
- Sport and recreation
- Environmental health
- Environmental protection (community)
- Pest management
- Stock routes
- Facilities (land, buildings and structures)
- Cultural heritage
- Workers' camps
- Town planning
- Building control
- Pool safety.
Rob has a Bachelor of Applied Science (Environmental Health) Diploma of Town Planning.