On 30 July 2019, Maranoa Regional Council handed down the Budget for the 2019/20 financial year.
This year’s budget totals $144.4 million which will be funded from a mix of rating and non-rating revenue and other funding sources.
In 2019/20 24.7% of the funding required for services and projects will come from rates and charges levied through the half yearly rate notices:
- 17.4% from general rates ($25.086 million)
- 0.5% from special rates ($0.734 million)
- 6.9% from water, sewerage and waste charges ($9.892 million).
Council actively pursues state and federal government funding opportunities and industry contributions to assist in funding services and projects for our communities. This enables us to do more than what could be achieved if we relied solely on general rates.
Rural Roads and Drainage - $17.689 million
- $11.5 million in projects (including gravel resheeting works)
- $6.189 million for operations and maintenance.
Urban Roads and Drainage - $6.468 million
- $4.472 million in projects (including bitumen reseal and rehabilitation programs)
- $1.996 million for operations and maintenance.
Other Road Expenditure - $33.248 million
- Roads management and support for maintenance and major construction works. (This includes works being undertaken by Council for roads impacted by coal seam gas operations which are fully funded by that sector).
Water - $10.3 million
- $5.584 million in projects (Water infrastructure renewal, upgrade and new works)
- $4.716 million for operations and maintenance.
Sewerage - $5.151 million
- $2.915 million in projects (Sewerage infrastructure renewal, upgrade and new works)
- $2.236 million for operations and maintenance.
Facilities - $13.155 million
- $5.665 million in projects (Including projects for sport, recreation, swimming pools and key tourism assets)
- $7.49 million for operations and maintenance.
Budget Quick Facts
- More will be spent on the region's road network than all rates and charges combined.
- $57.405 million on roads and drainage
- $35.7 million from rates and charges.
- 100% of the amount collected from rural rating categories will go towards rural roads.
Click here to view the Adopted Budget for 2019/20 - 30 July 2019
Budget Revisions for 2019/20 (Local Government Regulation 2012 - Section 170 (3) and (4))
Past Budget - 2018/19
Click here to view the Adopted Budget for 2018-19.