The 2013-14 Budget was adopted by Council on 31 July 2013 and is valued at $255.8m. It provides the Council team with an extensive list of projects, programs and services to undertake in this financial year.
Key areas during this budget include:
- Commencement of construction of the Roma Flood Mitigation Project’s State 1 levee
- $100,000 to move ahead with Mitchell and Amby’s flood mitigation, to further investigate a number of strategic recommendations to establish the most effective flood mitigation measures for these towns.
- $675,000 on drainage projects in Roma and Injune, to improve the flow of stormwater in these towns.
- $8.82 million allocated towards road construction projects
- $4.57 million allocated towards reseals
- $1.15 million allocated towards re-sheeting
- $9.36 million budgeted for water, sewerage and gas projects across the region
- $632,000 for new and restored footpaths across the region
- $50,000 for street lighting.