Maranoa Regional Council has one vacancy for an independent external member on the Council's Audit Committee.
The Audit Committee is an advisory committee of the Council to provide oversight, monitoring, review and advisory activities in the following areas:
- Risk management
- Internal controls
- Financial reporting
- Performance management framework
- Internal audit function
- External audit function
- Legislative and regulatory compliance
Individuals eligible for appointment should possess skills and experience relevant to the Audit Committee Charter and have high levels of financial, business and risk management literacy.
Council has set the External Audit Committee Member meeting allowance to:
- Chairperson $1,200 per meeting
- Member $1,000 per meeting
Indicative timeline for appointment:
- Advertisement for applications: Wednesday 9 December 2020
- Closing date for applications: 5:00pm, Wednesday 23 December 2020
- Pre-appointment checks: end January 2021
- Consideration/Appointment by Council: Wednesday 10 February 2021
- Commencement: First Audit Committee Meeting in February/March 2021 (date to be confirmed)
The Audit Committee Terms of Reference is available on Council's website, www.maranoa.qld.gov.au.
Expressions of interest and a detailed CV should be emailed to email@example.com.
Previous applicants will be considered and do not need to reapply.
Closing Date: 5pm Wednesday 23 December, 2020.